icanmakeitvegan. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Vegan Carob Chip Cookies


Yes, I know. They are as delicious as they look. After hours, days, weeks, months even, of searching the internet and scrolling through cook books, I have finally put together the best cookie I've ever had. Besides being vegan, it's truly an amazing cookie. So, here's how it's done and I hope y'all enjoy!

Carob Chip Cookie

2 C unbleached baking powder
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
Cinnamon, to taste
1 C carob chips
1 C raw sugar
1/2 C Earth Bound
1 t vanilla
1/4 C water 



Set oven at 350'. In large bowl, mix flour baking powder, salt, cinnamon and chips together then set aside.

 In small bowl, add sugar and Earth Bound and mix together with a fork. When completely mixed, stir in vanilla and water. 


Combine wet with dry ingredients and mix together. At this point I usually mix with my hand. Place a sheet of parchment on a baking sheet. Use a melon scoop or a spoon to scoop about 1 in pieces of dough onto parchment. 


Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. I've found that baking at 8 leaves cookie with a better chewy consistency. 




No comments :

Post a Comment