icanmakeitvegan. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Seitan Gyros



Nothing like Greek food! Hummus, pita, gyros... Yum! Here's my easy take on vegan gyros that's quick and delicious.

Seitan Gyros

1 package seitan, sliced into long, thin pieces
2 T dill weed
2 T oregano
Olive oil
Tomatoes, diced
1 small red onion, sliced into long, thin pieces
1 small cucumber, peeled and sliced 
Whole wheat pita
Salt and pepper, to taste
Hummus of your choice

Add about a tablespoon of olive oil to your skillet. When heated, sauté your onion until tender. Add in seitan and cook until light golden brown. I prefer the texture when it's more cooked. When you have desired texture, add all of your spices. The burner should be on low at this point. Mix the seitan until completely coated. 

Heat pita for a couple seconds on each side and then add your fixins. You can even add some raw onion if you're like me and put extra onion in everything! I've tried several flavors of hummus also. My favorite is a caramelized onion that I found at Mrs. Greenes and a garlic hummus that you can find pretty much anywhere. 

Hope y'all enjoy! 


No comments :

Post a Comment