icanmakeitvegan. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Beet cake


I saw an instagram post a week or so ago and was inspired by that persons beet cake photo to create my own recipe. This has got to be one of my favorite cakes! It has a nice, light sweet beet flavor and is super moist. It doesn't even need frosting!

Beet cake

1 package pre cooked beets or 1 large beet, cooked and peeled
1 1/2 C all purpose flour
1/2 almond meal
1/2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 salt
2/3 C brown sugar
1/2 C almond milk
1/3 C almond oil 

Purée the beets with a little water. Not too much though! It shouldn't be watered down. You want a nice purée.



Add that to bowl and combine the rest of the ingredients. I start with the flour first. Mix together well. 

Add batter to either a lightly greased cake pan or a parchment lined cake pan.



Bake on 375' for 20 minutes. 






I made chocolate pudding to go with it... Mostly because my husband is crazy about chocolate pudding. Odd mix, I know, but it did taste wonderful together. 





No comments :

Post a Comment